Thursday 25 August 2011

Hooded Scarf



I've finally created some Ruby Bluebird pieces for the lads. After seeing my brightly coloured vintage fabric hooded scarves for the ladies, a friend requested that I make him a couple of "masculine" hooded scarves to keep him snug and warm through the cooler months.

Attempting to make everything using up-cycled or second-hand fabric means that you can't just pop down to your local Spotlight...you have to go HUNTING! So off I went....trawling the op-shops for the perfect "manly" "masculine" materials. The op-shop gods must've been shining their light down on me that day because in the time it takes you to utter "thrifty goodness" I had stumbled across a big piece of thick navy wool blend fabric, a couple of metres of navy/white/red checked cotton and a single cotton doona cover in big blue/grey/black/white checks. Perfecto!  

I ended up making four hooded scarves. Two for my friend, who picked them up bearing gifts....payment for the scarves, as well as bringing me a delicious box of goods from the AMAZING online wholefoods store he owns with his brother, 2BrothersFoods (I suggest you all check it out!)

And that leaves two....which I have popped up for sale on my etsy online store here! A Fathers Day gift perhaps?? Or a "just because" present for the special Mr in your life?? We'll see...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment