Friday 19 August 2011

off to market...

Ruby Bluebird Handbags

Ruby Bluebird Over-Sized Hair Bow

Ruby Bluebird Retro-Style Tie-Up Headband


I have a stall at the Market Girl Boutique Handmade Market this Sunday 21st August. So I have spent the last few days sewing, stamping tags & signs, pricing, packing, collecting, organising change, and mentally preparing myself for a day of selling my Ruby Bluebird wares. eeek!

I love sewing/making/creating, but I find the process of actually putting my little designs out into the world a little daunting. No matter how many markets I participate in, I always feel NERVOUS! Will people appreciate each unique piece into which I have poured a teeny bit of my heart and soul? Will they like them? Will they BUY them? arrggghhh! I guess I should listen to the very advice I dispensed to my sister B only last weekend when she was suffering pre-gig anxiety.....that feeling nervous is simply a sign that you are doing something challenging, experiencing the new and putting yourself out there.

In any case, I hope you enjoy these snaps of a few of my delights which will be for sale at the market, made using mostly up-cycled and vintage fabrics. And if you're in Perth may I suggest that you take a cruisy Sunday drive up to Joondalup to check out some super rad bits and bobs that our talented fellow West Aussies have been creating of late! Hope to see you there




No comments:

Post a Comment